It is my birthday today!!!!! Yes I was born on the 20th December 1986 weighing 2.52kg. I think that's what my yellow card said (my grandmother kept it all these years). 59kg and thirty years down, I would like to believe that I turned out good. I am proud of myself. I am healthy, at peace, kind, fair, have a good heart and falling in love with myself. Ok and all those worldly stuff such as educated, promising career, decent investments blah blah blah.
I have always wondered why they call them the dirty 30ties, so just googled it. This is what came up;
'The age at which single women without children realise that their biological clock is ticking, As a consequence they may lower their standards and increase their willingness to perform sexual acts as a matter of desperation in order to find a mate/sexual partner. They may also attempt to hook up with younger males as an attempt to elongate their youth.
The expression almost always refers to women, as men are thought to always be in this state.'
This is crazy, sies maan! hahaha!. Ok so I am not dirty 30 okay? I am just 30 years old. Boring? urgh...okay how about 'Lit thirties' yes? no?...okay okay 'Woke thirties' I am done trying to come up with a catchy phrase/expression. Lets run with 'woke thirties' Now I need to define it. Here it goes;
'The age at which an individual knows for sure that self love is important and necessary. As a consequence they take solo trips, meditate, Practice good self-care, forgive themselves, practice mindfulness, set boundaries and overall live intentionally. They enjoy life and live their best life. They pray always and practice faith, hope and love.
Although the expression applies to all genders from all race, culture and religious beliefs. Women happen to practice it more than males'
I have decided to put together a list of 10 things I want to accomplish in the next 12 months. Its a 'Woke thirties' behavior, seriously. Try it if you're in your 'woke thirties' Here it goes...
1.Travel to all 9 provinces in my beautiful country of the Republic of South Africa. Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, North West, Free State, KwaZulu Natal, Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga. Well I live In Gauteng so I mean travelling to the other 8. I frequent KZN and have a wedding to attend in Cape Town early next year. Limpopo is easy, got friends and family. This is doable. If you know of any great places to visit in other provinces, kindly drop the names in the comments section below? Thank you.
2.Host a few dinner parties. I have saved enough ideas on Pinterest. Wowza execution!
3.To fall in love. Lord, I am ready again…
4. Drink lots of water, I have not been that good at this and my body is not so forgiving anymore.
5. Almsgiving often. I have a soft spot for senior citizens and infants. So should visit the old age home and mother Theresa as often as I used to when I was still in university. I have to make time for it and not hope that I will do it when I get spare time. I would love to get involved in charity drives in support of education initiatives.
6. Increase my pension contribution, I kind of did the silly thing of withdrawing my pension when changing jobs in my 20ties. Don’t do it!!! Its dumb. A lot of people find themselves in a difficult position come retirement, that there is not enough money saved up. You do not want to find yourself in that position. I plan to retire earlier than normal retirement age of 60/65yrs.
7. Exercise, even if it is 3 times a week for 30min at the bare minimum. This helps combat stress as well and just keeping joyful. The gym must be my friend , I need to tone up.
8. Print all my favorite travelling pictures and display them on my wall. Such an awesome reminder of happy memories. I also saved some elegantly mounted photo display ideas on Pinterest.
9. Buy myself flowers every now and then. I am good at buying others but not myself. Perhaps it is because of my sinus challenge but I love fresh flowers every now and then.
10. Travel overseas with friends. I hope next year they can come with me. I have 2 countries that I would like to tick off my bucket list next year.
So excited to make it happen!!!!
What is your list? Maybe we might have overlapping inputs that we can do together. Please jot it down in the comments section below. I am interested.
It has crossed my mind to have a “travel with Mmanaka’’ package and let anyone that is keen, join me on the adventure. Still thinking about it…
The most appreciated gifts are your prayers. As I step in glory into my woke thirties, have a merry Christmas and a Blessed 2017!!!